Vendor Applications will be available February 2, 2018.
Arts & Crafts Fair Vendor Guidelines
About the Fair
- The Fair is held at City Beach Park in Sandpoint, Idaho.
- The fair is held the second weekend of every August for two days.
- We accept about 120 artists each year.
- Acceptance is determined by a jury.
- The fair also includes food vendors, live entertainment, and a youth arts area.
- We typically see a crowd of about 3,500 visitors each year.
- Your jury and booth fees directly benefit POAC’s programs in visual and performing arts and art education for the benefit of our community.
- Application is required.
- Original artwork and products only- All exhibited artwork must be produced by the applicant.
- All artists must provide their own covered booth and all display surfaces, tables, walls, etc. Your booth must be prepared and secured for the possibility of rain and wind.
- Booth Sharing: Two artists who co-own a business or collaborate on their products need only apply for a single artist booth. Up to two artists who create separate products may apply for a shared booth, but they must submit separate applications. Sharing a booth is a great option for first-time vendors.
- Acceptance is determined by a jury.
- The jury’s decisions are final.
- The jury consists of 5-7 community members of various backgrounds. None of the jury members are current applicants for the Arts & Crafts Fair, but they may have participated in the past.
- Our goal in selecting applicants is to present a high-quality, diverse display of artwork to meets the needs of all of our customers.
- The jury considers a number of criteria in making its selection: the completeness of your application, the originality of your work, the quality of your products, and your booth presentation.
- There is no guarantee that past vendors will be accepted into the Fair. All artists must be juried each year.
- For the first time, vendors will be able to see the booth layout in advance of the event and will be allowed to request their top three choices for booth location (Final booth locations are still determined by the Arts & Crafts Fair Committee. Booth assignments WILL NOT be changed on the day of set-up.). These requests will be honored on a first-come basis based on the date of application submission. Returning vendors will be invited to participate in an early bird application period.
- Selecting top three choices: The map preview shows only 10×10 booths. If you have a larger booth, just select the locations you are interested in, and we will adjust the layout as needed.
- Returning vendors are not guaranteed the same booth space each year.
- The committee reserves the right to update and change the fair layout each year.
- Booth spaces will be marked on the grass prior to set-up. All artists must stay within the boundaries of their space. Please consider this when you choose your booth size.
- You may not set up your booth before the check-in time begins on August 10th. Any vendors setting up early will not be invited back.
- You will be informed of your booth location upon acceptance. However, POAC reserves the right to update the layout at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. You will be informed if your location changes.
- If you have booth requests pertaining to specific needs for yourself or your products, please email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we do our best to accommodate everyone, we cannot guarantee that we will have the perfect solution for your needs.
- Corner booths cost an additional $50. They are limited and prioritized by date of application submission. A corner booth means that your booth can be open on two sides to customers.
- Booths with electrical access cost an additional $50. They are extremely limited and prioritized by date of application submission. Only 10-15 booths have electrical access each year. Apply early if you need electricity. We will notify you before you pay the booth fee whether or not electricity is available to you.
- Do not pay the corner booth, electricity, or booth fees before you are notified of acceptance into the Fair.
Booth layout map: Click Here to Download
- POAC does not provide lodging for vendors during the Fair. You may find information about local lodging through the Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce.
- POAC provides coffee for vendors on Saturday and Sunday mornings of the Fair. Water is available at the Info Booth free for vendors. Food and drink are also provided by the Fair food vendors.
- POAC provides professional security services overnight on the Friday and Saturday of the Fair.
Notification of Acceptance
- Artists will be notified by email as to whether they are accepted, not accepted, or placed on the waiting list. In the case of cancellations, artists on the waiting list will be notified of the opening.
Dates & Times
May 4 Application deadline
May 31 Notification of acceptance
June 29 Booth payment deadline
July 20 Cancellation deadline 12pm
August 10 Check-in and booth set-up 5-8pm
August 11 Check-in and booth set-up 7-9am
Fair hours 9am- 5pm
August 12 Fair hours 9am-4pm
Booth take-down 4-7pm
Rules & Regulations
- Your booth must be supervised by the artist or an artist’s representative throughout all hours of the Fair. Volunteers will be on hand to provide restroom breaks to artists. Volunteers are not trained to make sales for vendors and are not available to help with set-up and tear-down. Please plan accordingly.
- The Arts & Crafts Fair is graciously hosted at City Beach by the City of Sandpoint Department of Parks & Recreation. No vendor parking is allowed at City Beach, unless by prior written authorization from POAC and the Dept. of Parks & Rec. Vendor parking is provided off-site. If vendors park at City Beach without authorization, you will be ticketed and will not be invited back to participate.
- Cancellation Policy: A refund of the booth fee (less $50 processing charge) will be made if notice is received by July 20, 2018 at 12pm. No refunds will be issued after this date for any reason.
Once you have read all of the guidelines, choose how you would like to complete the application.
Applications will be available February 2, 2018.
Application: Download, print, and mail or Submit electronically